This year, the Town of Yountville, along with all the jurisdictions in Napa County and the surrounding Bay Area, is updating the Housing Element as mandated by the state of California. The Housing Element is one of seven elements of a General Plan and is a long-range visionary document to establish how the Town of Yountville will provide for our regional share of housing units. The Town must now update the Housing Element of its general plan and its zoning to demonstrate how it can accommodate its Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA). The Town has already updated its Zoning/Design Ordinance.
The Town is asking our residents to be involved in helping them plan to meet our community’s housing needs; mark your calendar for the following upcoming public meetings:
- January 18th — a presentation at the regularly scheduled Town Council meeting about what is a housing element and what the process is.
- February 16th — virtual Community Workshop #1 held via zoom
- March 2nd — in-person Community Workshop #2 held at the Community Hall in Yountville
- March 15th — Study Session at the regularly scheduled Town Council meeting
- April 12th — housing design objective standards review at the regularly scheduled Zoning & Design Review Board (ZDR)B
- May 17th — Public hearing at the Town Council to authorizing sending the draft Housing Element to the Housing & Community Development
If you have any questions about the update and/or want to sign up to receive notices and information, please contact Planning Director Kirsty Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Town Hall at (707) 944-8851.